Pages

Mood Pillow

I often wish I had access to the yarn store 24 hours a day.  Sometimes, inspiration strikes and yarn is needed immediately, but unfortunately, my life doesn't allow for instant yarn gratification.  In fact, even when I have time set aside for such adventures, it's far from the hours of meandering that I long for.  Usually I know I have 10 minutes before the kids lose their cool and every single trip I have to scold them for unraveling the yarn in the cart.  Ah, the joys of motherhood.  
But sometimes, I pick myself up by my bootstraps and realize that my own home is practically a small version of a yarn shop and I'm able to move forward with projects as they come to me.  Recently, I noticed small amounts of several shades of gray (all Lion Brand Vanna's Choice) in one of my yarn hoarding baskets.  Ombre starting with black and fading to white seemed to be the obvious choice so off I started crocheting a simple square, not knowing exactly where it might lead me. It came out dark and moody, and I realized how it matched my own mood on that particular day.  But I wasn't exactly thrilled about my mood and imagined a sunnier, happier contrast.  So I made one.  It was a rainbow square. (All but one of the colors is Lion Brand Vanna's Choice.)

Turns out, those bad boys were destined to become something grand--a mood pillow.  One side is stormy and ominous; the other is cheerful, bright, and practically perfect in every way.




My little man is never too far out of reach. He likes to keep an eye on his weirdo mom who, while clothed in a pool towel, drags dining room chairs out to the backyard and starts snapping photos.  It must be a confusing scene for such a logical pup.  Not to mention, he says that both sides look identical to him.  Is it really true that dogs are colorblind?  For his sake, I hope not.

17 comments:

  1. renkler harikaa !!! çok beğendim...http://ayselmelike.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. This is the level of creativity. I just love the pillow... The the colors are simple awesome. Welldone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing blog for Embroidery Digitizing .
    Thanks for sharing about Digitizing services.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have make gorgeous pillow design and I have deeply read your article and this is really an amazing post and you have described everything about embroidery with efficiency.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful creativity. I have read your article and i was surprise to see your designing creativity.Thanks for sharing this.

    Embroidery Digitizing

    ReplyDelete
  6. its very nice post and also informative thanks for sharing this amazing post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep up the good work , I read few posts on this web site and I conceive that your blog is very interesting and has sets of fantastic information.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think all of these are handicraft really astonish. Things are getting change day by day with machine as you know digitizing is one of best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good hadi craft nice work good work https://top5updates.online/technology/future-of-learning-immersive-personalized-ai-education/">Future of AI Learning thnaks

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Fascinating discussion! AGI challenges our understanding of consciousness. Can machines ever truly grasp emotions and creativity like humans? Excited to see where this leads!"
    regards: Artificial General Intelligence

    ReplyDelete
  11. Devoq Design offers top-notch web app design services. We specialize in creating intuitive and visually stunning interfaces that elevate user experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Optimize your financial portfolio with our premier asset management company in Dubai. Trusted expertise, tailored solutions, and a commitment to your financial goals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. DDK Healthcare offers a wide selection of cancer medicines, ensuring access to vital treatments for patients battling cancer. Trust in our quality medications to support oncology care and improve outcomes. Choose DDK Healthcare for reliable cancer medicines.

    ReplyDelete
  14. PR Trading: Your go-to for quality, Fast moving consumer goods company! From everyday essentials to trendy must-haves, we deliver excellence. Explore our diverse range and experience the convenience of top-notch products at your fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Discover the transformative work of NGO in Mathura, like the Vrinda Foundation, which is dedicated to uplifting communities through education, healthcare, and social initiatives. Join us in making a difference!

    ReplyDelete

We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...